This is the third piece in a series of work I’m doing for my show at the RBSA Gallery. It has no title as yet, I’m calling it Frog, at the moment. The frog is a drawing from a skeleton I photographed in the store of Birmingham Museums and Art Gallery on a visit last year; I’ve been wanting to use it for some time. I’ve decided the large seasons pieces will be next year’s Festival of Quilts project, and intend to do 2 or 3 more new pieces for the RBSA but framed and smaller. This is a relief, but now I’m considering that I may have time to do another artist’s book for the FoQ. Quite frankly, eek. I’ve definitely gone off large at the moment, although I still have two big hangings to finish, by hand.
Here’s an early design page.
Fabrics ready for frog picture. I painted and printed a new batch with some ancient dried leaves I found in a book destined for a charity shop. The fabrics inspired two new pieces of work, and got me using my Baroque hazelnus designs and the frog skeleton. I find materials lead as well as design in my work at times, and it’s more interesting because of this, new directions develop.