A brief post before I go off to buy more paint. I managed to paint just three pieces of fabric yesterday, using black and white acrylic paint, for the page bindings of The Stone Bird book. I had not planned ahead, so naturally ran out of paint. I think I’ll need a fair amount of fabric to bind the edges of the pages; I remember when I did the last book it used far more than I realised, and this book seems to demand monochrome edgings, hence the rather dull washing line. I’m quite tense about the binding, as usual I’ve taken some of the embroideries quite close to the page edge so the wrapping method I use, always rather fiddly, is even more so. I’ll post more images tomorrow of hopefully some progress re the construction of the pages and then the whole book. I’ll try getting the sandwich of paper and fabric through the machine, using a different foot, but this failed before, so it was done by hand. So I am bracing myself for a plod job, but thank you to some helpful people in Sheffield on a course I taught a few weeks ago, for their advice re machining awkward materials.