I’ve only had a couple of days in the studio this week due to teaching but I have managed to complete and machine stitch the elements for my recycled/upcycled work White Noise, and lay down two small commission pieces. I then found myself able to get on with a book I started during the summer as a result of going on a printmaking and artists’ books course at the Royal Birmingham Society of Artists gallery.
I had made quite a few dry point prints and had a lot of material to use and some mostly completed pages, constructed from painted paper, printed paper, the dry points, and painted fabrics. It has a different look to my previous books and is actually a volume in a series of artist’s books based on the seasons, with the umbrella title being The Earth Turning.
Here’s all the material and text laid out on the table. I’m very happy to be able to sort all this out, it’s been nibbling at me, sitting there under the table in what can accurately be described as a bit of a heap.
Most of the book is now constructed, it’s in a neat orderly pile waiting to be finished with machine and hand stitch. I do have a vinyl cut to do for it though, which is of a Japanese toad lily, which I’m sure will also appear in other work.