I’m quite tired as I’ve been teaching all day, which I shall blog about in a couple of days, so you’ll be pleased to know this post will be mostly images, with little waffle.
I’m still inspired to make more small landscape pieces, and I’m using design sheets I produced a couple of years ago for this new batch. All the landscapes are in long landscape format too, which is very adjacent.
Work in progress.
Another view of the landscapes in progress. I really felt that I was working in a mess, but this doesn’t look convincingly messy enough. You should see the floor though…The piece on the wall is taking ages to finish, I have to resort to making other work as a break and for a bit of fun. The beast is nearly done though.
Design sheet one. I started with a photo of a snowberry, then drew it, and sketched various layout ideas.
Sheet two. I decided to use the horizontal designs on the bottom right.
Collaged painted papers. I have several collaged design sheets on this theme, inspired by that image of the snowberry. Some, such as this one, I would love to make into a large piece.
The first laid down fabric piece. Detail will be added with machine and hand stitch, on all the pieces. This is about 40 cm long.
I had intended only to do two pieces, but instead elements of the two original drawings formed themselves into several pieces. I’ll post the others soon.
These are all about 30 cm long, and will be simply stitched.
They would do quite nicely for the exhibition ‘Orientation’, being spare and orderly, like Japanese gardens.
These last four pictures wanted to remain resolutely monochrome; well, there is a vague greenness in one piece. I was desperate to include some red, but they disagreed. I’ll look forward to stitching these, they are light relief after the afore mentioned beast.