I’ve finished my second needlepoint. It’s veered around just as the first one did, and will need blocking. I have no idea how to do this but will have to learn at some point. I am avoiding at the moment, well, until I absolutely have to do it.
It’s around 50 x 50 cm. I changed the colour plan as I went along, as I am discovering that what works with paint and collage doesn’t necessarily translate into yarns and needlepoint in the same way.
I’ve started the next one, which is a sort of partner to this one.
This one is 50 x 50 cm too. Here’s the collage and the canvas.
And above and below, the wool, linen, cotton, and bamboo yarns I’m going to use.
And this is how far it’s progressed, below.
I’m wondering if the blue is going to happen with this piece; as I work on it it seems to be saying not.